[chirp_users] offset precision

Tom TA
Sun Feb 28 21:55:22 PST 2016

Greetings,

     The error of 110 Hz doesn't seem very significant but the 1,550 Hz
error could cause some operational problems. Do the two different error
levels relate to different shift directions?

     I recently programmed some channels into a UV-5R+ manually and read
the memory bank back with Chirp. There was no error in the offsets as
read by Chirp. However I cannot use menu 26 to check the offsets in
/Channel Mode/ as it always reports zero. I confirm the proper offset by
using the reverse function which displays the shift but of course with 1
KHz limited resolution.

     My firmware version is BFB927. I wonder what firmware version you
have? (Easy to determine by holding the #3 key pressed during power up.)

     I also wonder if there is a list of known problems with different
firmware versions posted somewhere?

73
Tom
VA7TA