[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Tom Hayward
Sat Feb 27 11:57:12 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Chris Nordstrom <cfnordstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I could not find where it says you should delete column header text
> for columns that contain no data and it also does not say that the
> Memory Range entry on the edit window must match the number of rows you
> are importing; the error you get doesn't lead you make this connection.
> Did I miss this too?

Not sure what you mean about memory range view being related to the
number of rows imported. I've imported outside the currently selected
range many times and never had an issue. I just did it again now to
verify. The memory range view is just a view; it doesn't affect
imports.

Regarding the Excel bugs, there's only so much we can do about people
using 3rd party software to edit Chirp files and getting unexpected
results. As I said in my first email, I recommend editing Chirp files
with Chirp. When you edit with Chirp, it maintains all the proper data
in the proper columns. There is no need to delete headers or fill your own
defaults--it's all automatic in Chirp. Feel free to write some documentation
about the caveats you discovered when editing Chirp files in Excel.

Tom KD7LXL