[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Sat Feb 27 13:48:03 PST 2016

Tom,

Okay, I just tested it again and it works as you say.  When I was
getting the import errors before--caused by not having data in key
fields--it appeared that it stopped at the default number--25--which was
only limiting what I could see, not what was imported.  So it works fine.

I am not aware of these bugs in Excel that were mentioned.  After
creating my CSV file, I used a raw file viewer and did not see any extra
characters or missing characters.  I am using Excel now to edit the CSV
files and they import fine.  Is it true that there has to be a default
value in /*rToneFreq*/?  And what about the errors I get when there are
columns with header text but no data in the column?  Could this be
caused by Excel?

Regards, Chris W7CFN