[chirp_users] New UV5-RTP not recognized with BF-F8HP model selection

Dr. Hans-Christian Becker
Mon Dec 5 23:32:26 PST 2016

Hello,
This is my first foray into China radios and Chirp.
Yesterday I get a two-pack Baofeng UV5-RTP radios. I downloaded the latest
build of Chirp (20161123). When I select "BF-F8HP" as per the FAQ, I get an
"Incorrect Model" error.

After downloading with the UV5-R model selection, firmware version reported
is
HN5RV01
1FB297

debug.log after testing with BF-F8HP and then UV5-R models attached.

Any hints and help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hans-Christian SM7TL/KG6POK