[chirp_users] Wouxun KG UV8D deaf

Bob Boehme
Sat Dec 3 07:03:05 PST 2016

Many times it is caused by trying to put a program from an older radio into a newer radio with different firmware.. It bricks the squelch circuit.. You can go to MIKLOR.com to reinsert the proper firmware and make a new program..I have also experienced that problem.. Bob W2IRI

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:25 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Wouxun KG UV8D deaf

On 03/12/16 10:22, Caglar AKGUNGOR wrote:

I have seen on the net that other people had similar problems, their radios becoming deaf after programming.

Does anyone know what is the cause? And the cure?

I've heard of a similar problem which was caused by physical damage to the headphone socket. It wasn't programming which caused the problem, it was plugging the programming cable in which caused it. The audio goes through the headphone jack socket so the internal speaker can be muted when a plug is inserted. If the contact hasn't sprung back properly then the internal speaker will stay muted.
Does the RX light turn on when it receives a signal?

You could try plugging a speaker/headphones into the socket and see if you hear the audio through that. Although I believe it's a 2.5mm jack plug you'll need!

--

Andrew.