[chirp_users] Radio did not respond error

Jim Unroe
Sat Aug 27 11:35:32 PDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Paul Harris via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> Baofeng UV-5X3
> Cable PCO3
> Had to get drivers to get to this stage but radio does not respond.  Do the
> red and green lights on cable  usb end have to remain on or just flash on
> when you plug in. Computers is a HP windows 7.
> Paul KB2VEC

I assume this is the Baofeng Tech FTDI cable. My tests here shows that
on a system that does not have an FTDI driver installed, it can take
up to 8 minutes for the driver auto installed by Windows to be fully
installed. If you try to use the programming cable prior to this time,
the cloning attempt will fail.

If you downloaded a driver to use instead of the Windows supplied
driver, you did get it from ftdichip.com? I've known some that
mistakenly downloaded and installed the Prolific driver which does
nothing for programming cable with and FTDI chip.