[chirp_users] removel of Plan

bernard.dowley at sky.com
Wed Aug 10 11:42:52 PDT 2016

Hi Jim
Thank you for your information, which I didn't know. Assuming I have not misunderstood your procedure, what I want to do is remove the 2 metre amateur band plan, so that I can program in only frequencies that I require and not allowing the user to access the amateur bands.. Your suggestion appears to only affect the user (Chirp) programming feature. That's assuming I have not misunderstood your suggestion. Any help is always appreciated.
Bernie
2E0NCIBernard DowleyUK

    On Wednesday, 10 August 2016, 17:02, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 4:09 AM,  <bernard.dowley at sky.com> wrote:
>  Hi
>
> Using Chirp with either a Baofeng UV-5R or Intek KT 980HP is it possible to
> remove the 2 metre and 70 centimetre facility so that only the user
> programmed frequencies are available for use.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Bernie
> Bernard Dowley

Hi Bernie,

If you are looking to disable either to both bands in the VFOs so the
user cannot program memory channels, this is easy. Just program either
or both lower band limits with a value that is higher than the upper
band limit (I usually just swap them). This makes it impossible to
enter a frequency into the VFO and therefor makes it impossible to
program any channels using menu 27 (MEM-CH).

Just be aware the radio user can still use menu 40 (RESET) to erase
all of the channels leaving the factory channels 0 and 127, but no
other channels can be programmed.