[chirp_users] removel of Plan

Jim Unroe
Wed Aug 10 15:50:38 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:42 PM,  <bernard.dowley at sky.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim
>
> Thank you for your information, which I didn't know. Assuming I have not
> misunderstood your procedure, what I want to do is remove the 2 metre
> amateur band plan, so that I can program in only frequencies that I require
> and not allowing the user to access the amateur bands.. Your suggestion
> appears to only affect the user (Chirp) programming feature. That's assuming
> I have not misunderstood your suggestion. Any help is always appreciated.
>
> Bernie
>
> 2E0NCI
> Bernard Dowley
> UK

1 Download from your UV-5R into CHIRP
2 Save the newly downloaded tab to a CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file as a backup
3 Access the Settings -> Other Settings menu
4a swap the VHF low and high band limits (so the low limit is higher
than the high limit)
4b swap the UHF low and high band limits (so the low limit is higher
than the high limit)
5 upload the changes to the radio

Now go into the UV-5R's VFO mode. Try to enter a frequency into a VFO.
You can't. The VFOs are effectively disabled.

With the VFOs disabled, the user is not able to program any channels.
The user can only use the channels that were programmed into the radio
using software.

It that what you are looking for?