[chirp_users] USB LiveBoot ?

Bruce LeGrande
Sat Aug 6 15:33:35 PDT 2016

Thanks Paul,
Squeeze has served me well for MANY years, but I'm not quite ready for the process of backing up the system, nuking the HD, and installing a new OS.
At this point I've missed so many updates, and so low on space, trying to bump it up to the latest Deb would be like herding kittens.

Think I'm going to explore the USB Stick into RAM.
Found a couple 64Gb sticks.  TahrPuppy installed nicely on one of them, going to see if Chirp might run under that, if not may try a closer full size cousin to Ubuntu on the other.

73 - Bruce

Sent from BlueMail