[chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

Jim MacKenzie
Mon Apr 25 15:50:36 PDT 2016

The TH-F6a works differently.  You don’t download from it and upload to it; rather, you modify it in real time.  You view how it’s programmed, and change it live.  I’ve not seen any other radio be programmed this way before.

You can’t even truly save the config, since you’re just viewing it, not transferring a program to it, but you can save it as a .csv (comma-delineated file) so that you can put it back in the radio if you like.

Jim VE5EIS

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jock via chirp_users
Sent: April-25-16 4:48 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com; k2lra at cox.net
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

Are you uploading from the radio first and then set your programming and then downloading to your radio ?

Jock Soutar    KC6IIH
Sent via  Samsung Galaxy S7
on  AT&T  4G LTE Smartphone

  _____

On Monday, April 25, 2016 John <k2lra at cox.net <mailto:k2lra at cox.net> > wrote:
I am trying to use CHIRP to program my Kenwood TH-F6A and so far it is
not working. I have the Kenwood USB cable from Valley Enterprises and
I have gotten the FTDI driver software installed on my Windows XP machine.

I start CHIRP and select Radio -> Download from radio. I get a dialog
box into which I put the Port, Vendor, and Model. I then click OK. The
radio's transmit light flashes once, then the dialog box in CHIRP goes
away and nothing happens after that. Any ideas?
--
73
John - K2LRA