[chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

Jim MacKenzie
Mon Apr 25 15:49:08 PDT 2016

I don't have my TH-F6a handy, and I won't be able to look at it until at
least tomorrow night, but I can tell you what I remember:

 - make sure you're using the right COM port.  I use CHIRP under Linux so
it's pretty easy for me to see what serial port is being used.  You'll need
to look under Computer (or My Computer) and Properties / Device Manager to
find it under Windows.  I'll leave that to those that routinely use CHIRP
under Windows.
 - the radio has to be configured correctly to permit data transfer.  It has
a few data modes, and only one is for programming/synchronizing.  Check your
menus and/or your manual.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John
Sent: April-25-16 4:35 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

I am trying to use CHIRP to program my Kenwood TH-F6A and so far it is not
working.  I have the Kenwood USB cable from Valley Enterprises and I have
gotten the FTDI driver software installed on my Windows XP machine.

I start CHIRP and select Radio -> Download from radio.  I get a dialog box
into which I put the Port, Vendor, and Model.  I then click OK.  The radio's
transmit light flashes once, then the dialog box in CHIRP goes away and
nothing happens after that.  Any ideas?
--
73
John - K2LRA