[chirp_users] Fwd: ICOM IC-T8A programming bug #1899

walt burns
Mon Sep 21 18:54:43 PDT 2015

Subject: ICOM IC-T8A programming bug #1899
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com

After some research on the Chirp website, it appears that I am having the
same issues with programming my two ICOM radios as was described a year ago
in Bug #1899.  It doesn't appear that this bug has been addressed yet.
Specifically, if a frequency such as 146.7250 Mhz is entered into the Chirp
frequency list and uploaded to the radio, it appears as 146.7225.  In other
words, the Chirp frequency list doesn't match the actual programmed
frequency. It is offset 2.5 Khz.  Another frequency, such as 447.440, will
program correctly, so the problem seems to be related to having a number in
the 3rd digit to the right of the decimal point. It doesn't matter whether
VHF or UHF.  Both radios have the MARS/CAP mod, and both behave the same.
If I then download the incorrect radio frequencies from the radio back to
the Chirp frequency list, all of the incorrect frequencies come back
corrected to their proper values, just as if the upload worked perfectly.
If a GMRS frequency with 4 digits to the right of the decimal point is
entered, it will also upload correctly.  The same software is used to
program a Baofeng UV-5RA with the same frequency list and it works
perfectly.  I have tried both the older 0.4.0 and the newer 0.4.1 software
versions.  Any chance this bug can be fixed or that someone has found a
workaround?

Thanks for your help!

Walt