[chirp_users] Trying to upload to BaoFeng radio

Jim Unroe
Fri Sep 4 17:26:50 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Whit Woodard <towhit at me.com> wrote:
> I'll look at that, but I bought my cable from the manufacture when I bought the radio.  It is not an after market product.

It doesn't matter. Most all programming cables made with "Prolific"
type chips do not have "genuine" Prolific chips in them no matter how
you got them. The reality of it is that if you have a programming
cable with a Prolific type chip you either must play these driver
games or use Linux (or CHIRP Live CD) or purchase a programming cable
with a different USB-to-TTL chip (such as the popular FTDI chip).