[chirp_users] Csv files

Jim Unroe
Thu Nov 12 08:55:50 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Gary Runningbear
<runningbear2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> At first I was confused by the export to file popup. I couldn't figure out
> what it was for so I just X'ed out of it. Then after following instructions
> in a previous post, all the boxes having been already ticked, I just clicked
> on OK and boom, it was done. with a bit of a smile I went to my documents
> folder and... No CSV file. at least it was not LABLED csv. just for the heck
> of it I click on the file and my calc program came up with all the data in
> the file on the screen. From there I was able to print and have a hard copy
> of all the data in the file which is what I was after in the first place. so
> many thanks to all those that offered their assistance. I finally got it
> through my thick skull and all is well in the world. thanks again to all.
>
> Gary
>   N8GPZ

The default for Windows is to "hide" the extension for files that are
associated to an application. A CSV file would be associated to Office
excel or any other spreadsheet program that you have installed on your
computer so the CSV extension would not be seen. Whenever I install
Windows on a computer, this is one of the first things I disable. I
want to see the extensions of all or my files.

Jim