[chirp_users] Csv files

Ronald Thornton
Thu Nov 12 07:48:17 PST 2015

Windows file explorer usually defaults to masking known file extensions
during display.  Since double clicking the file opened your calc
program, Windows knows that file extension and associates it with the
calc program rather than Excel.

Right click->properties on the filename should show the complete name.

Right click->"Open with" may be available to direct Windows to Excel
rather than Calc.  Otherwise, drag and drop the filename on Excel to
open as a spreadsheet.  The CSV column data does not match exactly what
you see in the CHIRP memories tab.  The CSV file contains the column
values required by CHIRP import, where the memories tab displays the
data in a user friendly form.

-Ron- N1JKL

Aerostation - The Art of Ballooning
www.Aerostation.org