[chirp_users] UV-5R Woes

Jim Unroe
Mon Nov 9 17:01:32 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Lamar Brown <dlamarbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok Jim here is my file. Look at it and tell what I need to do then.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lamar

Danny,

Just a quick guess... you've programmed all of the repeaters with Tone Mode=TSQL

This requires that every repeater needs to transmit a CTCSS tone back
to your to open your squelch. If it doesn't, you will never hear
anything. My understanding is that the majority of ham repeaters to
not transmit a CTCSS tone back to the user.

This first thing I would do it pick a nearby repeater and set Tone
Mode=Tone. Then try to access that repeater and see if there is any
difference. If that fixes it, then change the rest.