[chirp_users] Radio Not Communicating With Laptop

Jim Unroe
Thu Nov 5 16:04:41 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Ray Nelson via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded the software & installed. I keep getting error message the radio is not connected. What am I doing wrong?

No programming software can work if the user doesn't provide a
complete and working connection between the radio and computer.

The #1 cause of problems for Windows with Prolific chip based
programmings cables is the device driver that is automatically
installed by Windows is incompatible with the Prolific type chip in
the programming cable. There are basically 2 fixes:

1. downgrade to the older (but compatible) Prolific v3.2.0.0 device
driver http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

2. purchase a programming cable with an FTDI type chip

The #2 cause of problems is the 2-pin plug is not fully inserted into
the socket. Most that swear that it is in fully are amazed when they
finally get it to go in the remaining distance.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1