[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV8D

Steve Gouveia
Sun Mar 29 14:19:46 PDT 2015

Thank you for your help.  I downloaded the “daily build” and was able to read the radio and upload my frequencies.  One thing I noticed is that I can make some of the channels “receive” only.  CHIRP tells me the UV8D doesn’t support it.

I do have another dumb question.  I want to be able to operate in dual mode so the top half of the display is my VHF and the bottom are my UHF channels.  I’ve pressed the A/B button, but it only displays the VHF channels on the top half and UV8D on the bottom half.  How do I get two channels to display at the same time?

Thanks

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Shon Edwards
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 13:52
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV8D

Hi Steve,

First download from the radio to your computer.  That will set up the right template for you for that radio.  Then fill in the fields and upload to the radio.  But make sure when you download to the computer, you're writing into an empty file, not one that data will get erased from..  Hope that helps.

Shon K6QT

Shon R. Edwards, MA, AG (Czech Republic)
Amateur call:  K6QT
1039 N 2575 W
Layton, UT, 84041-7709
USA
E-mail:  sre.1966 at gmail.com <mailto:sre.1966 at gmail.com>
Home phone:  (801) 444-3445
Cell:  (605) 209-6064

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com <mailto:rock.unroe at gmail.com> > wrote:

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Steve Gouveia <pctek at pacbell.net <mailto:pctek at pacbell.net> > wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> When I go to select the radio type, it only goes up to the UV6D, and I have an 8D.  Can I use the 6D type?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve Gouveia
> pctek at pacbell.net <mailto:pctek at pacbell.net>

No. You are most likely using the year old (next month) CHIRP stable
build. The support for the KG-UV8D was added in the middle of last
year (after the stable build was released) so you need to use a daily
build. The latest daily build would be a good place to start. Check
the download page for a link.