[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV8D

Jim Unroe
Sun Mar 29 08:41:05 PDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Steve Gouveia <pctek at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hello to all.   I just purchased the Wouxun KG-UV8D.  The programming
> software that came with it is so very basic.  A few friends of mine
> recommended CHIRP.  So I downloaded it.  It’s much better to program with.
> When I went to upload the data to the radio, that function was unavailable
> (greyed out).  I can download from the radio, just no upload.  I tried CHIRP
> on my Kenwood TH-F6A and it worked fine.
>

> Any idea what may be causing this problem or when CHIRP will support the
> Wouxun KG series?
>

> Thank you

CHIRP works with a lot of radios. No matter which one, you have to
download from the radio first so CHIRP knows which radio you are
dealing with. You will see the radio Vendor/Model in the tab. Your tab
likely says "Generic CSV" and cannot be uploaded to any radio. Save a
copy of your downloaded tab "just in case". Then edit it as needed and
upload it to your radio.

You can still copy-and-paste the work you did on you generic tab to
your KG-UV8D tab. It will probably need some settings tweaked, though.

Jim KC9HI.