[chirp_users] Update - Can't Program UV-3R+

Richard AG5M
Fri Mar 27 18:56:59 PDT 2015

I gave up trying to get the programming cable to work on my UV-3R+, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon.  It arrived in ONE DAY!  They sure are fast.

I just tried it with CHIRP and things went very well.  Clearly something was not quite right with the first radio that will be back on it's way to Amazon in a few days.  Thought you'd like to know.

I kind of like this little radio, and surprisingly it is really easy to program a repeater into it on the fly from the three buttons (only need two buttons) and one knob on it.  Having heard many horror stories about programming Chinese HTs from the keypad (and I have had a few of them) I was not expecting this one to be so simple. But it is... really simple.  I'm happy.

73, Richard AG5M