[chirp_users] Can't Program UV-3R+

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 25 18:16:36 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:12 PM, jim ki6njf <ki6njf at verizon.net> wrote:
> Richard, disconnect the antenna and turn on the squelch so you have NO audio.
> I've had audio output kill the download/upload

I would never recommend that anyone remove the antenna from a radio
being programmed with a USB programming cable. Having an incompatible
driver installed, not having the cable fully plugged into the radio
and pulling the USB end of the programming cable out of the computer
before removing the plug from the radio usually result in the radio
going into TX mode. Transmitting without an antenna can damage the
radio.

So if you must remove the antenna, replace it with a dummy load or
tune to a TX inhibited channel if your radio supports TX inhibited
channels.