[chirp_users] error message on upload.

Jim Unroe
Tue Mar 10 02:12:27 PDT 2015

Jim,

You get this error when you try to upload an incompatible image to a
Baofeng UV-5R variant (including the BF-F8HP and the UV-82). You must
not upload a CHIRP Radio Image (*.img) file that was saved from a
radio with BFB firmware into a radio with N5R firmware. The opposite
is also true.

You must download from your radio (or load a saved .img file that came
from your radio) into CHIRP creating a tab from your radio. Then my
preference would be to import the groups programming file into this
tab.

A popular alternative would be to also load the groups programming
file into CHIRP creating a second tab. Then you would copy-and-past
the channels from the groups tab to the tab for your radio.

When done, you would upload the tab for your radio into your radio.
Don't forget to save the changes to a file to be used later.

Jim KC9HI