[chirp_users] Problems programming a BaoFeng BF-888

John LaMartina
Fri Mar 6 18:25:07 PST 2015

This may assist.
Match your error message to these samples
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

Hope this helps.

John
http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Joe abrahamson
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 8:45 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: [chirp_users] Problems programming a BaoFeng BF-888

Well I finally got my BaoFeng UV-5 programmed with everyone's help here using Chirp. Works great and I have done it several times.

Now using the same cable was trying to do the very same thing on a BF-888 radio. Same computer, same cable and same Chirp but I did change it to the correct Radio Model when doing so.

When I do this the computer does not seem to see the radio and when I hit "OK" it goes to the "Cloning"screen and a 1/2 of a second later the "An error has occurred. No response from the radio" message pops up.

Am using the same port, same everything with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe A