[chirp_users] Radio did not ack programming mode error in Linux; worked a few weeks ago!

Walter Francis
Thu Mar 5 20:13:37 PST 2015

On 03/05/2015 23:07, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> Check to see if a different port designation is being used with your cable.  Type “dmesg” in a terminal right after connecting your cable and look at the last line in the output to see what it is (/dev/ttyUSBx).  Make sure the same value is selected in Chirp.

Yep, that's one of the things I mentioned in my original post, the one I quoted ;)  I did all of the things.  It talks to the radio, it just immediately fails.  I've tried it on all of the ports, 2.0, 3.0, front, back.  Worked first time on my laptop.  Always worked on the old mobo.  Something with the new one...  I know I have a PCI USB card somewhere, I might dig that out and see if it'll work, rather than the laptop which is in a drawer in my desk.

--
Walter Francis

khayts.us
theblackmoor.net