[chirp_users] Radio did not ack programming mode error in Linux; worked a few weeks ago!

Walter Francis
Thu Mar 5 17:32:01 PST 2015

On 03/05/2015 18:43, Walter Francis wrote:
> This is very strange, I'm not sure what to make of it...  I haven't programmed my Baofeng B5 in a few weeks, and today I wanted to add a few more channels to it, so I got out my cable, plugged it in, ran Chirp, try to send...  Radio did not ack error immediately.  Also tried to Download, same.

Well, crap.  I realized that I'd updated my motherboard on my computer since the last time I'd tried it, so I fired up the laptop and everything works fine on it.  Annoying, but at least I have a workaround.

I guess different USB chipset on my new mobo?  Asus P9X79 if anyone is curious.  Weird.

--
Walter Francis

khayts.us
theblackmoor.net