[chirp_users] Chirp will not load any info on Beofeng UV 82L

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 4 18:37:29 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:46 PM,  <Northeastcourier at aol.com> wrote:
> Jim
>
> Thank you. Your last solution with clicking on properties allowed me to
> enter the frequencies and tones. But now all the channels can only be
> accessed in the B (lower) bank of channels. When I press the EXIT/AB button
> it will not lock on the A (upper) bank. So it looks like I somehow disabled
> the dual watch function. Could this have been something I did in Chirp?
> Thanks again.
>
> Glenn

Glen,

You have menu 7 (TDR) set to ON and menu 34 (TDR-AB) set to B. This
forces priority to the bottom (B) display.

Set TDR-AB to OFF. TDR-AB is of no value on a UV-82 radio because the
dual [PTT] overrides it no matter how it is set.