[chirp_users] Chirp will not load any info on Beofeng UV 82L

Northeastcourier at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 20:39:21 PST 2015

Jim,

Thank you so much. As you have probably already gathered, I am not an
expert in these matters, and the owners manual seems to be lacking in
explanation for some of the different setting functions. I do  appreciate your help.

Glenn

In a message dated 3/4/2015 9:37:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rock.unroe at gmail.com writes:

On Wed,  Mar 4, 2015 at 7:46 PM,  <Northeastcourier at aol.com> wrote:
>  Jim
>
> Thank you. Your last solution with clicking on properties  allowed me to
> enter the frequencies and tones. But now all the  channels can only be
> accessed in the B (lower) bank of channels. When  I press the EXIT/AB
button
> it will not lock on the A (upper) bank. So  it looks like I somehow
disabled
> the dual watch function. Could this  have been something I did in Chirp?
> Thanks again.
>
>  Glenn

Glen,

You have menu 7 (TDR) set to ON and menu 34 (TDR-AB)  set to B. This
forces priority to the bottom (B) display.

Set TDR-AB  to OFF. TDR-AB is of no value on a UV-82 radio because the
dual [PTT]  overrides it no matter how it is set.

Jim  KC9HI
chirp_users  mailing  list
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
To  unsubscribe, send an email to