[chirp_users] Chirp will not load any info on Beofeng UV 82L

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 4 15:15:16 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM,  <Northeastcourier at aol.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Chirp opens and downloads from a Beofeng UV 82L, but when I try to enter any
> info in any field (frequency, tone, name, etc ) the previous entry reverts
> back to whatever was originally there. Can anyone help with this problem.
> There is also a frequency that keeps appearing ( 146.010, I think, when the
> newly programmed one disappears ). Had no problem when I originally
> programmed this radio last month. Thank you.
>
> Glenn

When you key something into a field or make a selection from a
drop-down menu, you need to press enter or click on another cell to
make it "stick". A quick way to make sure that a new entry or setting
selection has been made fully is to click the [Refresh] button. If it
doesn't stay, you didn't press enter or click onto another cell to
complete the change.

Another way, and it may be simpler for some is to click on the memory
row that you want to edit, the choose "Properties" from the drop-down
menu that appears. Then change the settings as required and click the
[OK] button to accept the changes.