[chirp_users] 'Radio did not respond' error

John LaMartina
Tue Jun 23 12:48:38 PDT 2015

If you feel it could be of benefit to CHIRP, absolutely.
Let's discuss the details by direct email.

John
http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:37 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] 'Radio did not respond' error

> That's a fairly common message.
> Possibilities can be found at
> http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

John, would you be okay mirroring the more common issues on the CHIRP wiki? I'm thinking that if we provided a "Click here for
reasons why"
link in that error for those specific radios, we might be able to head off a bunch of these queries. However, I'd prefer to link to
the chirp site in such a thing. We could:

1. Create a landing page
2. Give you access to edit it
3. Have you mirror the most common reasons there (no need to do all the
   images, just the details/reasons)
4. Have a link to your page for more information and the full list

To be honest, I'd rather just put all of those tips on the CHIRP wiki so that they are more discoverable to users going there
looking for help, but I don't want to take cultivation of that resource away from you.
Maybe some middle ground for providing a landing page for people coming there looking for help would be the best thing for the
users?

What do you think? Jim, thoughts?

--Dan