[chirp_users] 'Radio did not respond' error

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 23 10:36:51 PDT 2015

> That's a fairly common message.
> Possibilities can be found at
> http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

John, would you be okay mirroring the more common issues on the CHIRP
wiki? I'm thinking that if we provided a "Click here for reasons why"
link in that error for those specific radios, we might be able to head
off a bunch of these queries. However, I'd prefer to link to the chirp
site in such a thing. We could:

1. Create a landing page
2. Give you access to edit it
3. Have you mirror the most common reasons there (no need to do all the
   images, just the details/reasons)
4. Have a link to your page for more information and the full list

To be honest, I'd rather just put all of those tips on the CHIRP wiki so
that they are more discoverable to users going there looking for help,
but I don't want to take cultivation of that resource away from you.
Maybe some middle ground for providing a landing page for people coming
there looking for help would be the best thing for the users?

What do you think? Jim, thoughts?

--Dan