[chirp_users] Two Baofeng UV-5R radios but only one works with CHIRP

Jay Planalp
Tue Jun 23 10:38:25 PDT 2015

Hello - I am a new CHIRP user and have two Baofeng UV-5R radios.  I was
able to get CHIRP to communicate with one radio and uploaded some memory
channels.  However, when I tried the second radio, I got an error
message  "The upload was stopped because the firmware of the image (Ver
BFB297) does not match that of the radio (BFB299 BFB297).  However, when
I power on the radios holding the 3 key down, I see that the firmware
version of both is the same - BFB297.  How do I resolve this???
Thanks.  Jay
Jay C. Planalp
Planalp Management Consulting
www.planalpmanagement.com <http://www.planalpmanagement.com>