[chirp_users] Prolific chip an USB3

Dennis Smith
Sat Jun 20 15:08:05 PDT 2015

In the device manager, what port does the computer say is being
assigned to the device (USB/Serial adaptor)? (the USB/Serial adaptor
is often built in to the cable, forming one link in a small chain of
devices).

Irrespective of my question, it does appear at this stage to be an
incorrectly installed driver, OR a counterfeit cable or IC in the
cable. If this is the case you need to clean the old drivers off your
PC, and use older drivers, and prevent M$ updates from installing
newer drivers. This is your very best option in this situation.
Usually, but not always, the drivers in this situation are often
flagged with a yellow or even a red triangle but even then it's not
always marked this way.

It's also possible comm port 3 is being used by something else and you
need to change the port number the comm port uses in the device
manager as suggested already.

I suspect the drivers are not correctly installed. Try cleaning the
old drivers off, and then try these, starting with the old one set
first, http://www.wouxun.com/down_01.asp?SortID=10&SortPath=0,10,

Dennis Smith
M1DLG