[chirp_users] "length 0" error DLing from FT-8900

Charles Boling (AD7UF)
Thu Jun 11 16:41:56 PDT 2015

Not to be rude, but the writers of the last couple of replies didn't put
much effort into reading the msg they replied to, much less reviewing
any of the rest of the thread.  It's NOT a Windows driver problem on one
machine because (a.) I'm not running Windows and (b.) running from the
same CD ensured that it's the identical software stack from the
application level down to the Linux kernel; the only software difference
would be in the BIOS. Thus I declare that it's basically a hardware problem.

I'll post the results of my tests with the other cable tomorrow night or
Saturday.  At this point my posts are pretty much informational, rather
than help-seeking.  Thanks, everyone!