[chirp_users] Newbie Question

Tom Vaughn
Mon Jul 13 12:39:24 PDT 2015

Hello All,

I am trying to load CHIRP onto my desktop (Windows 7). I did check the FAQ
and searched the CHIRP website before asking this question. I was looking
for step by step instructions for installing CHIRP. My apologies if I
overlooked it.

What I have done so far is to click on the latest daily builds link. I then
downloaded chirp-daily-20150702-installer.exe which when I open it brings up
a blank page though there is a RADIO tab with options. I have yet to connect
my radio to the computer as I have the computer cable on order.

Do I also need to download the
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/chirp-daily-20150702.app
.zip> chirp-daily-20150702.app.zip file? I did download and unzip it but now
what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom Vaughn

La Porte, IN