[chirp_users] Bug #2155 - Uv-5r not receiving but will transmitt

Jim Unroe
Thu Jan 29 02:28:48 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Lawrence Stewart
<lstew452 at optonline.net> wrote:
> This not fixed. I tried all those steps suggested and it did not work. The
> radio was  fine until I loaded my old file with chrip onto the new Uv-5r.
> Then receive got muted.

Now that Baofeng changed the memory layout with the introduction of
N5R firmware, this is something that you must not do. The latest CHIRP
daily builds (since October 2014) prevent this. CHIRP stable does not
not prevent this because it was released before radios with N5R
firmware were available.

> I tried the factory image and leaving the beep on. Nothing works. I am upset
> because it looks like  the radio is  ruined.

The radio is not ruined. These are the steps that you must follow.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Recovery.php#N5R

> 73  KA2HJH,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Larry Stewart
> Splitrock ARA
> Webmaster
> 862-324-6232

Another solution would be for you to download a "fresh" CHIRP Radio
Image from your radio and email it to me. I will make an "adjustment"
to it and email it back. Then you will have to upload this "image"
back into your radio.

Once you radio is working normally again, and it will, you will need
to upgrade CHIRP to the latest daily build.