[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8HP

King
Fri Jan 23 09:20:58 PST 2015

I have one of the "clone" cables and it did the same thing. I don't know why
 but on my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15, it refused to see it when I plugged
it into it. A co workers PC instantly recognized it and installed the driver
and Chirp worked perfectly. I went back to my PC, kind of bummed out. I
plugged the cable into another USB port and it finally was able to see it,
and a few minutes later, I had it working fine. Since then, I've
experimented and found that my PC wouldn't or couldn't see the cable on 2 of
the 4 USB ports. Of course, those were the ones that were the most
convenient ones to use. On my home PC,.the cable works on six of the USB
ports,the 4 on the motherboard and two more in front of the case. A couple
more Dell laptops I've tried it on work fine, but a couple of HP, Acer, Asus
 and an old Gateway, all have at least one USB port that ignored the cable
being plugged in. All the "dead" USB ports work with everything else I
plugged into them, including the programming cable that my scanners use,
which itself was a giant pain to get working.

Good Luck,

Barry

-------Original Message-------

From: Larry
Date: 1/23/2015 10:50:45 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng BF-F8HP

Try plugging the cable into a different USB port.
WB2UFO
Larry

On January 23, 2015 9:15:05 AM CST, Rick Osgood <rposgood at gmail.com> wrote:
I have the cable branded Baofeng. I uninstalled the new version and
installed v3.2.0.0. Following directions, I unplugged the usb cable, ran the
install then plugged the cable back in. Windows did not even see that a new
device has been introduced. I had to shave off a little of the connector
that plugs into the radio or it would only go in half way. I am sure it is
seated fully now....

Help!

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Rick Osgood <rposgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this model supported by Chirp or can I select a different model?
Windows
> 7 finally saw the usb connection and it is now listed as an unknown
device?

> Thanks for the great work!
>
> --
> Rick Osgood

>From the Supported Radios list on the CHIRP home page...

Baofeng/Pofung
BF-F8HP (in daily builds)

If you have a programming cable with a Prolific type chip, be sure to
downgrade your installed driver to v3.2.0.0.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Rick Osgood

411 Walnut Street #9722
Green Cove Springs, FL 34023