[chirp_users] Offsets change when downloading to CHIRP

Tom Hayward
Wed Jan 21 12:04:50 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Michael Sonnenblick
<michael.sonnenblick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a TYT TH-UV3R. When I download my channels from my radio to CHIRP,
> CHIRP changes some, but not all, of the offsets.
>
> I first enter the frequencies into CHIRP and upload them to my radio. I
> check my radio and the offsets are correct. Then I download the frequencies
> back into CHIRP and see that the offsets have changed. If I were to
> re-upload them to my radio, then the wrong offsets would be uploaded. So
> anytime I need to add a channel, I need to redo all the changed offsets.
>
> As I mentioned, not all offsets are changed, but the ones that do change
> change whenever I download my channels to CHIRP.

Are the offsets actually changing, or just formatted differently? Many
radios can't differentiate a split from an offset, so what gets
programmed as split 145.000 MHz rx, 146.000 MHz tx, will download back
to Chirp as 145.000 MHz + 1 MHz offset. These are equivalent and don't
require redoing before uploading.

If the offsets are actually different, it sounds like a bug. Create a
new issue and attach the bad .img you downloaded, a fixed .img like
what you upload, and a description of what the channel data is
supposed to contain.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

Tom KD7LXL