[chirp_users] Will Chirp work with the Baofeng BF-F9 V2

Tony
Sun Jan 11 18:06:16 PST 2015

Didn't you hear Jim KC9HI - He told us to shut up about the Baofeng's.

I'm guessing that he's a moderator of sorts so it might be a good idea to
pay attention to him.

I had a two page response with comparison pictures of the F8/F9 written that
I didn't hit send on out of respect for his authority - after I get his
reminder that this is NOT a Baofeng listserv.

-Tony

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Kurt
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:28 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Will Chirp work with the Baofeng BF-F9 V2

 And...................Chirp didn't help with the F9 that I had.  Maybe was
a bad rig.

Chirp came up and "programmed" the F9 but couldn't get the repeaters to
work.

Others may have a different experience.

Works fine with the F8HP I got and easily programmed it with Chirp. Cost was
$6.00

more than the F9.    Now if Chirp could work with an Alinco DJ-296 that

would be peachy keen for me. The DJ-596 is A-OK but not the 296.  Kurt
KC9LDH