[chirp_users] Will Chirp work with the Baofeng BF-F9 V2

Tony
Sat Jan 10 13:17:34 PST 2015

Probably.

Regardless, the battery that came with the BF-F8HP is considerably bigger and heavier.

Maybe some bolts?  J

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John Kellas
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:45 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Will Chirp work with the Baofeng BF-F9 V2

Just a head's-up about those stated battery capacities.

In the world of LED's, flashaholic's have the term 'Chinese Lumens'. There also appear to be 'Chinese milliamps'.

I have some Baofeng batteries that are model BL-8. They weigh 86g and claim 2800 mAh. I should throw them on our analyzer to confirm, but given that Wouxun KG-816, and UVD-1P batteries weigh 86g and are claimed at 1700 mAh, an Anytone AT-3318 battery that is claimed 1800 mAh weighs 96g, a 1600 mAh Xianjing battery for the XJ-928 weighs 93g. Indeed the only 7.4V battery case that I've seen that can yield a capacity in the vicinity of 2800 mAh is the AA Battery case for a Wouxun 1P, and it needs 5 LiFeS2 lithium primary cells to accomplish approx 3000 mAh, and even that will tip the scales at 108g. (LiFeS2 weighs 25% less than Li-Co when packed into the same volume, and has 3X more energy capacity). I think it's safe to assume that all these rechargeable battery packs are using Lithium Cobalt chemistry, and that therefore Baofeng is in the habit of overstating their battery capacities.

Regards,

John