[chirp_users] Unsupported Firmware

Jim Unroe
Tue Jan 6 16:22:18 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Greg Hicks <grizhicks at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Good Morning to All from new guy....
>
> Greg here in Indianapolis, and brand new to the group & using CHIRP.  Just
> received a BaoFeng BF-F8HP yesterday and have been playing with.  I was
> amble to download from radio, but not upload.  When I try to upload a new
> 'img' file, I get the following error message:
>
> Unsupported firmware version:  N5R3401F8HP-1
>
> Not sure how to look for this, nor where to find.
>
> Thanks, in advance for any help..... Greg
>
> <===><===><===><===><===>
> Greg Hicks,  K9TLA
> Hancock County CERT Program Manager
> 317-501-5389 (cell)

Greg,

You currently should not be using the CHIRP stable build for any
Baofeng/Pofung radios because of memory layout changes in the latest
models. Also, the CHIRP stable build does not support the radios with
3 power levels (see the Support Radios list on the CHIRP home page.
Upgrade to the latest CHIRP daily build and you should be OK.