[chirp_users] SainSonic AP510

Kurt
Sat Feb 14 20:34:18 PST 2015

Yup,  I flashed it to the 10/2014 firmware and Chirp reads it fine.  Sooooooo, AP510 users, you flash to the 12152014 firmware and
Chirp can no longer work with the device.  Will have to use the programming software provided with the firmware.  Nice thing
is the device can be flashed back and forth very easily so  one may play around with it and see what they like.

Kurt KC9LDH

________________________________
 From: Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] SainSonic AP510

I picked up a second unit and it apparently had an ancient bit of firmware on it.   I didn't get the date but
Chirp would read a frequency off of it. I flashed to the 12152014 firmware and Chirp isn't able to read it.
So, it's a firmware issue.  Also the transmit delay can't be changed but that's a Sainsonic issue and not
Chirp.  I may try flashing to an older firmware.

Location is here:

http://www.radioddity.com/us/avrt5-aprs-tracker-vhf-with-gps-bluetooth-thermometer-tf-card-support-aprsdroid.html

Go to "Downloads" and click on "AP510 APRS Software"  .
Rename to *.zip and unpack.  I virus scanned and it's O.K.                        KC9LDH