[chirp_users] Problem configured Sainsonic APR510 APRS with latest daily chirp

Kurt
Sun Dec 13 10:43:10 PST 2015

Forget Chirp with the AP510.  It can't handle all of the details that can be programmed into the 510.You'll have to get the native programmer working here.
Kurt KC9LDH
      From: Tim Miranda <tim.miranda at gmail.com>
 To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
 Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:26 PM
 Subject: [chirp_users] Problem configured Sainsonic APR510 APRS with latest daily chirp

Hi -
I apologize if this has been asked and answered.
I got my Sainsonic APR510 APRS device up and running today using the manufacturer's config software on my win7 laptop, but I heard that daily-20151212 version of CHIRP had support for changing the "settings" of this device, and since I love CHIRP, I thought I'd try.
Unfortunately, no matter what combination of power-on/power-off/disconnect/connect, I couldn't get it to succeed when doing a Radio->Download from Radio.
My com port is COM4, and I know that works with the manufacturer's web site, but when I try to Download From Radio with CHIRP, it appears to start the download, make it almost all the way through (according to the progress bar), but then a popup shows "An error has occured: '00'" and it fails to download.

Any ideas?
Tim