[chirp_users] Yaesu VX-5r Uploading Issue

Jim Unroe
Thu Dec 3 14:26:56 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Dave ve3wej <ve3wej at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am actually having the same issue ( pc version)   I can download from
> radio no issue,  but then editing , and save file ( only as csv file).  but
> no time does it ever let me select the upload to radio option, as it is
> grayed out
>

> Dave Garber
> VE3WEJ / VE3IE

Dave,

You cannot load a CSV file into CHIRP and upload it to any radio.
CHIRP doesn't know what radio it is for.

You have to download from the radio to create a "tab" that is
compatible with the radio. An alternative would be to load a CHIRP
Radio Images (*.img) file that was saved from the radio. Only this way
will you be able to upload the tab to the radio.

What you have to do is "import" the CSV file into this tab. Then upload it.