[chirp_users] VX-7R

Rob Gowler
Thu Sep 4 07:39:13 PDT 2014

HI all.

I had such good luck with the Chirp forum (Jim) helping me with my Wouxun I thought I'd try my luck with the Yaesu VX-7R.

I have an FTDI chipped cable.

I am able to download from radio without problem.

I can edit channels/freqs in Chirp, but I am unable to upload back to the radio.

The radio starts to go through the cloning process (upload), but it gets hung up about 3/4 of the way through the process (according to the chirp status bar).  The radio just says Clone error.

Chirp freezes up, and needs to be forced quit.

I am using a mac, 10.9.4 and a chirp daily build from about a week ago.

This radio is just a back up to my Wouxun at this point as my Wouxun's TX and RX are leaps and bounds better than my Yeasu!

Thanks in advance.

Rob