[chirp_users] New blind ham trying to use Chirp

Eric Oyen
Wed Nov 26 14:02:09 PST 2014

Jason,
you can run chirp from a USB stick installed Linux (ubuntu is probably the best for this). Just be aware that some of the interface elements for chirp on Linux may not be labeled quite right (or at least logically IMHO).

depending on the radio you have, you might have to check into RT Systems software. they charge $49 and you get the whole package (cable, software). They have also made their software compatible with NVDA (they had some problems with how jaws parses the video buffer).

-eric
.