[chirp_users] Trying to use chirp via ser2net and socat

Andrew
Wed Nov 5 13:37:24 PST 2014

On 05/11/14 21:23, Nigel Johnson, MIEEE wrote:
> I am using SuSE linux here and CentOS upstairs.  I have tried setting the serial port up there to 1200, 4800, 9600 and 19200.  I assume that chirp uses autobauding to communicate with the radio but that is obviously not available over a tcp connection.

I had a quick look in the source code and it appears to use 9600:
class FTx800Radio(yaesu_clone.YaesuCloneModeRadio):
     """Base class for FT-7800,7900,8800,8900 radios"""
     BAUD_RATE = 9600

What you could do is to unplug the cable from the radio and connect the
TX and RX pins together. (I don't know what the cable is so I don't know
which pins this or how easy it would be to do.)

Once you do that any data you manage to send to the serial port will
come straight back again, so you can test that the link is working, and
it works at any baud rate.

--

Andrew.