[chirp_users] Fwd: Re: Linux My CHIRP Protests

Tom Hayward
Wed Jun 25 13:39:54 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM, David J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:
> Same error:  No module named gtk.
>
> Anyone understand what's wrong?

Yes, simple: you don't have PyGTK installed. At least it is not
installed correctly. PyGTK is required before you can run Chirp (as
you've found).

We provide instructions for installing Chirp dependencies on
Debian/Ubuntu and Fedora/RedHat style systems:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux#Manual-installation-from-source

Being an Arch user, I'm sure you can translate those instructions to
something appropriate for Arch. If not, maybe a more contextual
subject than "Linux My CHIRP Protests" will catch another Arch user's
eye and they will reply with some instructions for Arch. Or, now that
you know what the problem is, I bet a Google search would be fruitful.

Tom KD7LXL