[chirp_users] Fwd: Re: Linux My CHIRP Protests

Jens J.
Mon Jun 30 17:44:03 PDT 2014

you could also try to run this:
sudo easy_install pygtk pyserial

If easy_install doesnt work, try installing whatever package provides this.. on ubuntu its python-setuptools

If that doesnt work try to install whatever package installs pip, and then use pip to install those modules.

This is a generic python/dependency issue unrelated to chirp, so you will probably have better luck chasing this down on some python/pygtk or your os distro support forum/mailing list, etc.

-Jens

________________________________
 From: Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Fwd: Re: Linux My CHIRP Protests

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM, David J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:
> Same error:  No module named gtk.
>
> Anyone understand what's wrong?

Yes, simple: you don't have PyGTK installed. At least it is not
installed correctly. PyGTK is required before you can run Chirp (as
you've found).

We provide instructions for installing Chirp dependencies on
Debian/Ubuntu and Fedora/RedHat style systems:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux#Manual-installation-from-source

Being an Arch user, I'm sure you can translate those instructions to
something appropriate for Arch. If not, maybe a more contextual
subject than "Linux My CHIRP Protests" will catch another Arch user's
eye and they will reply with some instructions for Arch. Or, now that
you know what the problem is, I bet a Google search would be fruitful.

Tom KD7LXL