[chirp_users] Need help programming my new Baofeng UV-5R using my Mac.

Dan Smith
Sat Jun 21 17:21:31 PDT 2014

> An also make sure you have installed the required KK7DS Python runtime.

Just a note here: The runtime package has nothing to do with drivers and
everything to do with running CHIRP itself. That means if you didn't
have it installed, you couldn't even run the program to see the ports
that are available.

If a CHIRP window opens, the runtime is working. Reinstalling the
runtime won't do anything for you in the area of finding the proper
port, etc.

--Dan