[chirp_users] Need help programming my new Baofeng UV-5R using my Mac.

Jim Unroe
Sat Jun 21 13:19:06 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Mike & Kara <white318 at me.com> wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> I think it does go into transmit mod.  Could my cable work on Windows and
> not on the Mac?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike KM4BED

Like I said in my previous post, you most likely have an incompatible
driver installed. Uninstall the driver that you currently have installed.
Get the generic driver from the MacOS_Tips page and install it. An also
make sure you have installed the required KK7DS Python runtime.

Another thing you can do is to give CHIRP Live CD a try.